Commonly known as an Exercise Test, V02 Max, Cardiorespiratory Stress Test, etc. It’s a 10-20 minute, breath-by-breath, treadmill exercise test (02 & C02) in which treadmill speed &/or incline is gradually increased until you have worked up to your max effort; it’s different for everyone. In return, you learn what your cardiovascular fitness level is, lactic threshold, anaerobic threshold (AT), calorie requirements at different heart rates, max heart rate, how you burn fats & carbohydrates, V02 Peak & Max, etc. What’s different about ours? It’s a true metabolic cart. Currently, it’s only available at our downtown San Diego location in East Village.
WHAT IT IS & HOW IT WORKS
GEARED FOR ALL
THIS TEST IS SAFE, EFFECTIVE & BENEFICIAL FOR ALL FITNESS LEVELS
Whether you consider yourself an athlete or not, all fitness levels can participate & test to determine a wealth of actionable, scientifically validated & personalized cardiometabolic data points. Our system is commonly used to diagnose health issues such as COPD, asthma & other cardiovascular health concerns; so, for any of you athletes, it doesn’t get much better.
WHAT THIS TEST CAN TELL YOU
IN REGARD TO YOUR TRUE CARDIOVASCULAR FITNESS LEVEL
A BodyComp Resting Metabolic Test can tell you many things with the highest level of accuracy & precision such as:
- Your Caloric Requirements at Different Heart Rates
- Your Ability to Burn Proteins, Fats & Carbohydrates (02 & C02)
- V02 Max & Peak (02 & C02)
- Lactic Threshold
- Anaerobic Threshold (AT)
- Ideal & Target Training Zones
- Ideal & Target Heart Rate Zones
- Calorie Requirements During Exercise
- A Snapshot of Your Actual Metabolic Needs
- Cardiovascular Fitness Level
- Ultimately, Your Training Capabilities
Why get an Exercise Test?
So you can determine how much you should eat & understand how your exercise, training & nutrition effect the speed of your metabolism, what the current speed of your metabolism is, if your current training &/or eating habits have increased or decreased your metabolism & by how much & more.
All Test Modes
The cardiovascular & metabolic stress testing system that we use has the following test mode capabilities: 02 & C02 Exercise Testing; Spirometry: FVC, SVC, MVV; Metabolic or Nutrition Testing; Bronchial Provocation (BRP); V02 Exercise Testing.
WHAT TO EXPECT
BEFORE & DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
Be sure to make an appointment at our downtown San Diego location as an appointment is required for this test.
- Make an appointment online for our downtown San Diego location in East Village (this service is not offered in our mobile units).
- Refrain from exercise for up to 6 hours before your test.
- Fast from food for 4 – 6 hours before your test (liquids are okay).
- Refrain from using nicotine or caffeine for 4 – 6 hours from your appointment.
- Expect the test to take between 10 – 15 minutes.
- Expect your appointment to last up to 30 minutes; a BodyComp consultant will review your results with you after your test is finished.
- Wear gym style attire, running shoes & be sure to bring a towel.
- NOTE: refunds are not issued to any individual that is unable to complete their test due to inadequate preparation.
WHAT TO EXPECT
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
Interpreting Your Results
You will have the option to have a basic report review, Q&A with a BodyComp representative immediately after your appointment (unless other arrangements have been made).
Accessing Your Results
You will be able to access your results through your BodyComp account in which you can log into at any time. NOTE: if you have had a scan before, your previous results should already be in your account.
ARE YOU READY TO GET STARTED?
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT or SEE PRICING & PACKAGES!
Get started by choosing one of the options below!